How to Cut the Clutter in the Bathroom
Keeping an orderly bathroom is much easier when you’ve designated storage locations for your bath and beauty products. Floating or open shelves add a modern touch over traditional cabinetry. Everyday toiletries could be stored on them — including lotions, toothbrushes, shaving creams and towels. Over-the-toilet and corner shelves also make great use of empty wall space. However, if you choose to store items above the commode, it’s best to get in the habit of keeping the toilet cover closed. This prevents toiletries from falling inside and minimizes contamination. Avoid storing medications on open shelving.
Whether your bathroom is big or small, these savvy storage ideas could help you add space and stay organized. For more ways on how to designate storage locations for items, see the accompanying resource.
Graphic created by Modern Bathroom.
More Great Tips for Homeowners:
- Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home with Plants
- How to Budget for Home Maintenance
- Store Clothes In Your Closet, Not Dust
- A Homeowner’s Guide to Annual Home Maintenance
- A Beginner’s Guide to Building Equity in Your Home
- Important Exterior and Interior Home Maintenance